Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Top 5 Tunesday #1


I am a huge fan of music - any music at all. I have favourite songs and pieces in nearly all genres of music. Whilst I love listening to my classic favourites, I, like most other people, love discovering new songs and artists. This is why every Tuesday from now on I'm going to tell you my five most listened-to songs of the week. Some of them may be pop songs, rock songs, country songs or even classical pieces - just whatever has been getting me through the week. I hope you guys like this and maybe even discover new favourite artists or songs :)

♡ 

1. Somebody to You - The Vamps featuring Demi Lovato

This song is so upbeat and catchy and I find it's one of those songs you can listen to over and over again without getting sick of it. The lyrics to the song are so sweet and I think everyone has felt like this about someone at one time or another (well, it's how I feel about those Vamps boys anyway haha :D )



2. Sing - Ed Sheeran

I could probably write a really long post just about Ed Sheeran - I just think he's THE ultimate singer-songwriter. After '+' came out I didn't think he could write another album as good,but all you have to do is listen to this song to realise that he has. I love the catchy chorus of this song and the quirky music video that goes along with it.



3. That Girl - McFly

This song is nearly 10 years old but I only heard it for the first time 2 weeks ago when I discovered The Vamps' version of it. I instantly loved the song and have had it stuck in my head ever since!



4. Love Runs Out - OneRepublic

I love this song because, to me, it sounds like a few different genres of music rolled into the one song and I feel it kind of has something for everyone within it. The lyrics to the song are great and the vocals are so powerful.



5. Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth

This is my favourite song to listen to when I'm feeling a bit down and unmotivated. It's just one of those songs that can always lift my mood and instantly make me feel better. Not to mention Wicked is my all-time favourite musical and I think Idina Menzel has the most amazing voice. It's a great song for belting out at the top of your voice when you're home alone haha :D


- Velvet Lilies x

Twitter | Bloglovin' Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik