Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Top 5 Tunesday #2



1. Year 3000 - Busted

This is one of my all-time favourite songs which I had rather regretfully abandoned for a long time. After putting my iPod on shuffle and it coming on, my love for it was rekindled. I love the catchy tune and the quirky storyline of the song.

(Sorry I couldn't use the official music video - I couldn't find one that was good enough quality to use)


2. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift

I have one thing to say to Taylor Swift: you go, girl! This song is so motivational to anyone who is having to deal with haters, as they can just follow Taylor's advice and "shake, shake, shake, shake, shake" it off. 
I know some people don't like the music video, but I do because it has so much relevance to the song; it shows Taylor in different groups in society and we can see she doesn't fit in. She's saying that you don't have to fall into those particular groups and it's okay to be different.



3. Rude - MAGIC!

I love the mellow beat of this song and love how it matches the storyline of the song perfectly. It's
a chilled out beat because even though the guy asks for his girlfriend's father's blessing, he's chilled out and doesn't care because he'll "marry her anyway." 
I love the catchy chorus of the song and the originality of the lyrics.



4. High Hopes - The Vamps

I am loving this song from The Vamps' new album! It's a sweet, uplifting love song written by The Vamps themselves along with Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones and Dougie Poynter from McFly. I love the guitar part to the song and the sweet lyrics. (My favourite lines are "I could move in with you, / We could get married too, / Go on our honeymoon, / But maybe we should finish this coffee first" :) )



5. Any Dream Will Do from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Last week, I had the opportunity to go and see this amazing musical on stage. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is probably my third favourite musical (after Wicked and the Sound of Music) and I have now seen it live three times. I love all of the fun, upbeat songs but I think this one has to be my favourite!



To see last week's top 5, click here

If you are using a mobile device, here are the links to the songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik