Friday, 26 September 2014

To Neverland

One of my favourite autumn outfits is a pretty dress with tights and ankle boots: it's stylish yet keeps you warm. One trend of dresses which is on the rise is the Peter Pan collar. I, personally, love collars on anything so I think these dresses are gorgeous!

I looked around on the websites of high street stores and found my top three favourite Peter Pan Collar Dresses for the autumn and made them into complete outfits.



The first dress is this one from Missguided. 

I love the floral print design of it and I think the white collar really lifts it. I would wear it with this hat from H&M and these adorable black Chelsea Boots which are also from Missguided with black tights.



The second dress is this one from Jones and Jones at Next. 

It's quite pricey but I love the leopard print of the top half and the layered skirt on the bottom. For the shoes, I tried to find leopard print ankle boots to pair it with but in all of the boots I saw, the yellow tones were too strong and it didn't look right so I would just stick to the plain black ones. Because the dress is slightly more dressy than the one above, I would pair it with black tights and these heeled ankle boots from Dorothy Perkins.
(Side Note: Dorothy Perkins are having a sale at the minute you can get 30% off everything until Sunday 28th September, and after that these boots will be up to £39.00 - get them cheaper while you can!)



The last dress is this one from Forever 21.

I love this burgundy colour and think it's a perfect autumn colour! I think this dress looks really nice styled as a slightly boho look so rather than pairing it with a floppy hat like the model has on, I decided to pair it with this classic bowler hat from Boohoo. In terms of footwear, I like the look of ankle boots paired with pretty lace-trimmed socks like these ones from Topshop.


- Velvet Lilies x
(PS. This has nothing to do with the post but I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who follows me on Twitter and Bloglovin' - on Tuesday I hit 100 Twitter followers and today I hit 40 Bloglovin' followers. It means so much to me! Thank you so much! :) x)

4 comments:

  1. Love the first and third outfits :) Tempted to buy the missguided dress now haha x

    http://prettypinklittlethings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the Missguided dress and just love the look of it with ankle boots! :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the second outfit :)

    http://www.madelinefedmont.com/how-to-handle-stress/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I absolutely love the cheetah print on the top :) x

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik