Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Top 5 Tunesday #4


Before I get into the actual detail of this post, I want to tell you a little story.
At the beginning of October I went to see Ed Sheeran in concert and it was absolutely phenomenal. If you ever get the opportunity to see him live, take it! I can't even put into words how amazing he was. The reason why I'm telling you this is to let you know that all of my top 5 most listened-to songs of October were by that perfect human being so I narrowed it down to my 2 favourite songs of his at the minute and the other 3 songs are my next 3 most listened-to songs of October after the 25 Ed Sheeran songs I have on my iPod.


1. Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

I think this is my favourite song of Ed's of all time. The lyrics are just beautiful and the way in which he sings them are just so sweet. I want someone to love me like that!
Can we also talk about how PERFECT the music video is?! Ed looks SO good in a suit and those moves...GOSH. Apparently he had to learn the dance routine whilst on tour in America, and yet he looks like he'd been doing it for years.
Is there anything that Ed Sheeran CAN'T do?



2. Bloodstream - Ed Sheeran

I wasn't fussed on this song before the concert. It's not that I didn't like it because I did - it just wasn't one of my favourites off the album. But let me tell you, the live performance was absolutely INCREDIBLE, like mind-blowingly (is that even a word?) AMAZING. He taught everyone how to do the 'hip hop hand' which is basically when you put your arm in the air and move it forward and back along to the beat. He told us to begin doing it after the line "So tell me when it kicks in" in the chorus. It was honestly so cool to see everyone in the arena doing it at the same time.
My favourite bit, though, was it came to the repetition of the line "All the voices in my mind, calling out across the line." He used his mixer so that we were able to hear him singing at so many different pitches at the one time. The ground properly vibrating. Adding in him singing "Tell me when it kicks in" etc, you can imagine how immensely powerful it was. You could really feel the inner he was trying (and succeeding!) to portray in this song. 
I don't think I'll ever forget what a powerful moment it was.



3. Please Don't Say You Love Me - Gabrielle Aplin

I absolutely love the tone of Gabrielle's voice and I think it goes along so well with the guitar part in this song, making it so nice to listen to.
I also think the message in this song is so interesting and unique. A lot of people expect when one person says, "I love you," the other will say it back. But that's a huge thing to say, and as Gabrielle says, "under pressure precious things can break." Call me a hopeless romantic but I think in today's society we really underestimate the importance of it and I love that she's saying you should say it when you feel ready to. You shouldn't feel under pressure from other people because it's your choice. Don't underestimate the importance of those 3 seemingly simple words.



4. No Good in Goodbye - The Script

These 3 guys are producing the most amazing music right now and, like said in last month's top 5 when I wrote about 'Superheroes,' I believe the Script are one of the most underrated bands out there right now.
I think the lyrics to this song are so smart as there isn't really a "'good' in 'goodbye'" or a "'nice' in 'nice try.'" I love how they have taken commonly used words to do with breakups and played around with them like saying "there's an 'art' in 'breaking hearts' but there's no 'fair' in 'farewell.'"
Also, can we talk about when Danny goes really high at "ache from heartbreak" towards the end?! Wow.
That bit makes me so happy every time.



5. Shout About It - The Vamps

Although I have loved this song since 'Meet the Vamps' first came out, I recently stumbled across the live performance before featuring 2/4 of the Vamps singing it and I have completely and utterly fallen in love with the lyrics, the guitar part and their voices in it.
I really love how sweet and caring the lyrics are - they make me want a boyfriend (preferably Brad Simpson ;D) to listen to my fears and problems (#foreveralone). Also, regarding the live performance, I love how stripped back it is because you can see how meaningful these lyrics that they wrote are, and it allows you to really see how genuinely talented these boys are. 
I really hope they sing this song on their UK and Ireland tour next year!



To buy 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran on iTunes, click here
To buy 'Bloodstream' by Ed Sheeran, click here
To buy 'Please Don't Say You Love Me' by Gabrielle Aplin, click here
To buy 'No Good in Goodbye' by The Script, click here
To buy 'Shout About It' by The Vamps, click here

To see last month's top 5, click here

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik