Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Reflection on 2014


Whenever I think about 2014 (which completely FLEW by, oh my goodness!), the major events that occurred in my life fit into four 'categories,' I guess you guess you could call them: school, music, travelling and, of course, blogging.

School

•In May and June of this year I sat my GCSE examinations. They were the most stressful two months of my life but all the work I had put in over the past two years paid off when I received my results in August. I was so happy with them and so happy that it was all over.
•In September, I began Lower Sixth and therefore preparation for my AS exams (50% of my overall A Levels) which I will sit in June. I began the year doing French, Spanish, Business and English Literature but found it very stressful. After a month and a half full of very little sleep, numerous breakdowns and everyone around me having to deal with a very unhappy version of myself, I decided enough was enough and dropped English. I am so much happier now being able to focus my attention on 3 subjects and am finding school so enjoyable. ("Yeah, just wait until exams start," my inner voice is saying)


Music

•This year I got to see two of my favourite artists live in concert. I saw One Direction on 25th May in Croke Park in Dublin and Ed Sheeran on 8th October in the Odyssey Arena in Belfast. Both shows were absolutely AMAZING and I would give anything to go and see them again!
•Over the summer of this year, my parents got a letter in the post informing them that the place where my sister and I had been getting our violin lessons for the past two years had stopped giving lessons due to cutbacks in their funding. At the time I was quite angry and upset because it meant losing the teacher I'd had for 6 years (I had her in primary school too). However, my mum was able to find a new teacher and she is absolutely BRILLIANT. She is passionate about music and inspires me so much to work hard.
My two best friends and I at One Direction

Travelling

•At the end of June, my family and I travelled to Berlin and stayed there for five days (which you can read more about here). I got to see the Brandenburg Gate, the Berlin Wall and Berlin Zoo, among many other things. Berlin is a beautiful city and I had such a great five days there. I would love to go back one day!


Blogging

•A couple of days before I left for Berlin, I started this blog. I have thoroughly enjoyed writing every post for it, taking every picture for it and interacting with the lovely and talented people of the blogging world. When I was writing my firstpost I never would have thought than in six months I would have over 1000 page views, 200 Bloglovin' followers and been nominated for both the One Lovely Blog Award and the Liebster Award. For that I want to thank you. Yes, you. Whether you've read all of my posts or this is the first of mine you've read, thank you for being here. I love you very very much MWAH!

~

Whenever I think about 2015, quite a few things come to mind. Some things I am excited about, like my trip to Madrid in less than 2 weeks or seeing my favourite band in the whole world, The Vamps, live in concert in April. Some things I am not so excited about, like my exams in June but my main goal for 2015 is to stay positive. I want to try and look on the bright side of every bad situation and be a happier person.

I hope you all have had an amazing 2014 and that your 2015 will be even better! Thank you again for reading my blog. It really means the world to me.

I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for us all!

Happy New Year!

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik