Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Top 5 Tunesday #5

Wow, this post is long overdue - it's now closer to January than November (scary!) but better late than never, hey?
So here are my top 5 most listened-to tracks of November...



1. Stay Out - Nina Nesbitt

 Gah, I love this song. It's just so accurate - in any city that you go out in, you are likely to see the majority of the things Nina mentions.
This was actually the first song of Nina's that I heard and after hearing it once I went and bought her whole album, 'Peroxide'. It's so good. Like so so good. I love Nina's acoustic sound and the chilled-out vibe of her music. She's definitely far too underrated, so go check out her music if you haven't already!



2. Blank Space - Taylor Swift

Words can't express my love for this song. It's so catchy but well-written. I love, like Shake It Off (which I wrote about here) how Taylor addresses the critique she gets, "got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane." I love when she sings "I've got a blank space, baby," and then there's a click that's meant to sound like a pen, "and I'll write your name." I found it so funny the first time I heard it.
My favourite part, however, is the bridge starting "boy there's only one love if it's torture." The harmonies and the note at the end on "yaaa" just make me so happy (Don't ask, I'm weird okay)
I'm so happy for Taylor and the success she's had with '1989.' You can tell she's worked so hard on it and, in my opinion, it's one of the best albums released this year. I'm really loving it.



3. Night Changes - One Direction 

I really like the way One Direction are going with their music. They sound so mature in 'Four' and I think it's a bit of a coincidence that it's when the boys get to have more control over the music. Huh, management? Coincidence, yeah? I think other people are beginning to have more respect for them and are seeing them as more than just a 'cliché boyband,' which is great. It's just a pity it's taken 4 years for some people to realise it.
This is my favourite song from the new album. I think it's just so sweet and I love the music video.



4. A Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope

Although this song has been out for nearly 10 years, I only heard it for the first time at the beginning of November when it came on the radio. I had one of those 'OMG, I need to know the name of this song so I can add it to my Spotify playlist' moments, ya feel me?!
I love the lyrics - they're so honest about the highs and lows of being in love. I think it would be such a beautiful song to have your first dance at your wedding. 



5. Care - BriBry

BriBry is an Irish singer-songwriter and YouTuber, fast becoming one of my favourites, actually. In his videos, he is honest, precise and to-the-point. There is no waffle with him, just straight and honest talk. I love that about him.
His honest personality comes through in his songwriting too, and you can hear it so well in this song, "I don't care for myself." I love honest songs like this where you can really hear how the singer feels because I feel like I can connect with the singer on a more personal level, and I really like that.



To buy 'Stay Out' by Nina Nesbitt, click here
To buy 'Blank Space' by Taylor Swift, click here
To buy 'Night Changes' by One Direction, click here
To buy 'A Drop In the Ocean' by Ron Pope, click here
To buy 'Care' by BriBry, click here

To see last month's top 5, click here

- Caoimhe x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik