Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Top 5 Tunesday #6

Happy New Year!
I can't believe it's January and 2015 already!

Whilst writing this post I realised that I listened to a lot of Christmas songs throughout December. Like a lot. But there would be no point in me telling you my top 5 most listened to Christmas songs in January so I thought instead it would make a lot more sense to tell you my top 5 most listened to non-Christmas songs of December…




1. On Top Of The World - Imagine Dragons

This song always manages to put me in a good mood. When I'm running and it comes on I'm instantly like 'yes! I can do this!' I love the upbeat tempo and the positive lyrics especially in the part towards the end: "And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down / And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground / Get up now, get up, get up now".



2. Mr C - Nina Nesbitt

I am just going through an obsession with this amazingly talented girl's music at the minute!
I love how brutally honest this song is. Now, I'm 16 so I've never had the experience of being hit on in a bar or whatever but I think all of us have seen it enough in movies to know how it sometimes goes. A good-looking, rich man is flirting with a girl he likes the look of but the more the girl sees his true colours. He turns out to be a selfish, arrogant, materialistic...uh...person.
I love this song and I think Nina portrays the whole situation perfectly.



3. Perfect - Emma Blackery

I love love love the positive message Emma is giving out with song and I love how it's positive without being cheesy. It's telling us to be strong and believe in ourselves. Everyone is different and that's a good thing. The world would be absolutely tedious if we were all the same. With this individuality, however, we have to learn to not care what others say or to change for other people, which can be hard but as Emma says, or sings, rather, "you're perfect the way you are".



4. You Got It All - Union J

This is my definitely my favourite Union J song. The lyrics are so sweet and I like that it's slow but not to slow, if you get me.
I like that the song doesn't focus on the girl's looks. Yes, it does mention beauty but that's not the main focus of the song. The focus is on the girl's strength, passion, courage etc. and I think that's really nice to see.
They also recorded a version of this song with The Vamps and it's just lovely so you should definitely check that out too if you like the song.



5. Do You Want To Build A Snowman? - Frozen

Even though Christmas is over we can still listen to Frozen, right?
I was over this song in like April but at the beginning of December my French teacher showed us this song in French and I just fell in love again. I will admit that I actually prefer the French version (same with 'Let It Go') but I'll leave you with the English version and the lyrics so you can sing along.
(Apologies in advance for getting this stuck in your head all day :P)



To buy 'On Top Of The World' by Imagine Dragons, click here
To buy 'Mr C' by Nina Nesbitt, click here
To buy 'Perfect' by Emma Blackery, click here
To buy 'You Got It All' by Union J, click here
To buy 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman', click here

To see last month's top 5, click here

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik