Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Boots Haul + Reviews

In the past month, I've made a few runs to Boots, going in specifically for something different each time. Of course, however, every time I'm there I see something else that catches my eye or something that's in a deal and so I come out with a little bit more than I had anticipated. So now I have a little collection of things I wanted to show you most of the products I have bought in the past few weeks and give a little mini review of each product.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

As the hands-down most popular drugstore concealer among the blogging community, I had been wanting to try this concealer for ages but every time I went to Boots my shade was sold out. When I finally got my hands on it I was so happy. The first few times I used it, I used it solely on my chin, which was a bit red compared to the rest of my face. I was so happy with the coverage it gave me - it was full but not cakey and so it looked really natural on my skin. However, I have dry skin and during the winter my skin can get a bit flaky normally around my nose and on my forehead. I had a little cluster of spots on my head but when I applied this concealer to that area, it totally clung to the dryness of the skin there and looked so noticeable. Now I just apply this concealer to areas of my face which are oily/normal because that's when I find it works best.


Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer

 After my experience with the Lasting Perfection concealer, I wanted to find a more oily concealer that wouldn't cling to the dry areas on my face. Because this is a waxy formula I thought this might work, but I found it didn't really do much for my skin. The coverage wasn't enough to actually hide the blemishes and I found it really hard to blend out. I was pretty disappointed with this product.


Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer

I only bought this on Thursday so I haven't had much of a 'go' with it. I've been wearing it under my makeup everyday since I got it and so far I'm liking it. My makeup has been lasting so long! In March once I've tested it more, I will write a detailed review on it.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

I've been using this concealer for my under eye area now for 2 years. I find it really brightens up my dark circles (which can be really really scary at 7am on a school morning!) and conceals them really well. It also sits really well and doesn't crease or highlight the fine lines I have under my eyes, which can be a big problem for me with concealers. I just popped into Boots to pick this up because my last one had run out.


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

This is another product I've been using for 2 years now. (When I first started wearing makeup at 14 I raided the Rimmel counter. I was literally like a walking, talking Rimmel sponsorship). What I love about this powder is that it keeps my face matte for long periods of time and it doesn't highlight my pores, which I find some other powders do. This one just smoothes over my face, sets my makeup in place and controls oil. Whenever I first started wearing makeup I had really oily skin and this powder basically saved my life!


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

Again, like the primer, I only bought this on Thursday so I haven't used it enough to give an accurate review of it. So far I'm liking it a lot but in March once I've used and tested it more, I will write a detailed review (You can now read that here)


Have you tried any of these products? If so, did you like them? :)

- Caoimhe x

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried the collection concealer but having been meaning too. I love the rimmel wakee me up concealer, it's my favourite!

    Jessie | Taylormayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend the Lasting Perfection concealer if you have normal/oily skin because the coverage is great and it doesn't look cakey at all. Yes, I love the Wake Me Up concealer! It is a miracle-worker for me in the morning! It's amazing how much it can brighten up your whole face by just using it under your eyes! :) x

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik