Friday, 20 March 2015

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation | Review

I have been using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation for over a month now and I have to say I'm really liking it.


I have dehydrated and dry skin. Like pain-in-the-ass, won't-improve-no-matter-how-much-moisturiser-I-apply dry. And boy is it annoying. I find it so hard to find products that will go over the flaky patches of skin smoothly without emphasising the fact that they're so dry.

I was doing a lot of research on the best drugstore foundations for dry skin and out of all the Youtube videos, blog posts and beauty articles I saw, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation kept coming up time and time again. Although I'd seen Bourjois' stand so many times in Boots, I'd never used any of their products but I was eager to try. I was desperate to find something to solve my problem.

I love the texture of this foundation. It's creamy, which is great for dry skin, and quite thick, giving a good medium coverage. I find that it totally downplays the really dry areas of my face and makes my skin feel really moisturised. It is designed to give a healthy glow but I would say that it does do that. It totally brightens up my skin and gives it a nice finish. 


On an everyday basis, I apply the foundation all over my face using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Then I apply the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to any blemishes or red areas that I want to cover up a bit more and the dark circles under my eyes. Then I apply the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder under my eyes and to other areas of my face to set my concealer.

One negative thing I would say about this foundation is that the shade range is really small. There are 8 shades and even though I have the lightest shade ('Light Vanilla') it is still a tad too dark for my face. On the days where I'm feeling a bit orange I mix it with Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation in the shade 'Light Porcelain', which is a tad too light for my face. It's a strange combination of foundations but it actually works well for my skin and is the perfect shade for me!

Another thing is that the foundation claims to last up to 16 hours but I don't really find that it does because of the quite thick and creamy texture. It might last if you use a primer with it but it probably won't with the foundation alone. This point doesn't put me off the foundation because I would hardly ever need my foundation to last 16 hours so it doesn't really mean much to me that it doesn't.

Overall, I have been really impressed with this foundation. Retailing at £9.99 from Boots you can't really go wrong (unless none of the shades match your skin, in which case I guess you can go wrong...) In all seriousness, if you have dry skin I would definitely encourage you to give it a go. It's gives a good coverage, moisturising finish and smells so good!

What about you? Have you tried this foundation?

- Caoimhe x

2 comments:

  1. I love this foundation! Their whole healthy mix range is really good. Plus I love how they smell sort of fruity haha. Great review

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the other products in the range now that I've seen how good this foundation is! Omg yes! It smells SO good :D
      Thank you so much :) x

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik