Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Dry Skin Routine

If you have read any of my previous posts regarding my skin or reviews of different face-based products, you will probably know that I suffer from combination skin which definitely leans more towards dry. My forehead can get slightly oily but the rest of my face is really dry. I used to find it difficult to deal with and felt that it made my skin look really bad, especially when I applied make-up and it clung to the flaky patches. However, now I follow a routine using some products which I feel have worked miracles for my dry skin so I decided to share it with you in case you are going through the same problem.


In the morning

I start my skin routine by cleansing using L'Oréal's Skin Perfection Soothing Gel-Cream Wash, which is especially for dry and sensitive skin, exactly what I need! I really like this cleanser because it leaves my skin feeling really clean and refreshed without stripping it of all the oils. Also, it's such a pretty shade of pink!


 After patting my face dry, I move on to toner. I use Simple's Kind To Skin Pore Minimising Cleansing Toner, which is again especially for sensitive skin. Although it's not specifically for dry skin I think it's a good product to use on dry skin because it is a gel product which dries on your skin. I like this product because it dries quickly and leaves my skin feeling really clarified whilst improving the look of my pores.


Then it's moisturiser time. I found the Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream, which is especially for dry skin, in Boots a few weeks ago and it's definitely the best moisturiser I've ever used. It really moisturises my skin and I feel it goes deep into my skin. It is absorbed quickly and is light so can be worn under make-up. I feel it has the perfect balance between moisturising and not making the skin feel greasy.


After applying the moisturiser, I wait about 5-10 minutes to allow my skin to fully absorb it and then apply my make-up.

In the evening

I begin my evening using the L'Oréal Skin Perfection Soothing Gel-Cream Wash again to remove my make-up. Sometimes I'll wash my face twice if I have been wearing quite a lot of make-up that day. I love that it leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed before bed. After that, I tone again using the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Tone to smoothen out my skin.

The last thing I do before going to bed is apply night cream. A few weeks ago I started using Garnier's Moisture Restore Night Care Recovery Gel Cream (wow, that's a mouthful!) and it is honestly a lifesaver.Out of all the products I have been using for my dry skin, this one has made the most noticeable difference. I know the little tub looks tiny in the picture below and it is quite small but a little really does go a long way with this product! I rub it on my face in circular motions before going to bed. I'm really fussy and don't like going to bed with my face feeling oily and greasy because I'm always afraid in case the products rub off on my pillow and have absolutely no effect on my face, instead making my hair greasy! However within about 5 minutes of applying this gel, it feels like it's dried into my skin. When I put my face right under the light I can see this gel sitting on my face like a face mask and throughout the night it works its miracles, making my skin so soft and easy to manage in the morning. I would 100% recommend this if you suffer from dry skin.


What type of skin do you have? Are there any products you would recommend specifically for that type? :)

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik