Friday, 10 April 2015

Senna Voluptulash Mascara | Review

Senna is an American brand which I hadn't actually heard of until a few months ago. I was getting a makeup lesson from a makeup artist and she recommended a few Senna products to me and so I got some for Christmas, one of them being this mascara.


The first thing I noticed about this mascara was the wand. It's definitely the longest mascara wand I've ever used and this can be both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I find it easier to wriggle the brush around which is how I like to apply my mascara. But a curse because, personally, when I put on my mascara, I like to rest my hand on the top of my cheek for support. You can't really do this with this mascara due to the wand's length.


Another thing that stuck out to me was the shape of the actual brush bit of the wand. Rather than being straight or in the shape that eyelashes are, it's like 5 spheres, side by side. At first I wasn't sure about the shape of it but I have to say now that I do really like it. It is able to reach and coat all my lashes with a good layer of mascara.


Onto the actual product itself. This mascara is designed specifically to give volume to the lashes and I do feel it does this. It doesn't give a whole of volume on the first coat but it's definitely buildable and you can get your lashes looking so good after a few layers.

(Please ignore the sunburn on my nose and the fact that I took the first picture from a really bad angle hahaha, it's the first time I've ever done swatch-type pictures as you can probably tell haha)

I like the formula of the mascara because it's not clumpy at all. I feel that it makes my lashes look long but also separates them, giving them that fluttery look. Also, it means I can wear it to school because with one coat, my lashes are longer but also look pretty natural. My teachers don't suspect a thing! ;D

When I am applying this mascara, I normally begin by curling my lashes with my Models Own Eyelash Curlers, pumping my lashes 5 or 6 times. Then, I apply one layer to my top lashes, wriggling the brush just ever so slightly. Leaving that to dry, I move onto my bottom lashes and use a side-to-side motion to apply it. Once I am happy with my bottom lashes, I go back to the top and apply another layer, focusing mostly on the ends of my lashes. If I'm happy then I'll leave it at that or if I want them longer I'll wait a few minutes and then apply another layer.

Overall, I really like this product. Although the mascara wand is quite long which can sometimes create problems for me, it's definitely volumising, it's not clumpy and it's long-lasting. It retails at $22.00 from the Senna website but is currently sold out so keep your eye out for it being restocked if you're interested. I definitely think it's worth it!

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik