Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Top 5 Tunesday #9

I meant to have this post up last Tuesday as it was the first Tuesday of April but I was away and had no wifi so I couldn't get it together, never mind post it so I apologise for that. But sure better late than never!

So here are my top 5 most listened-to songs of March...



1. Pas De Deux - Dodie Clark

I'm sure many of you already know Dodie, or doddleoddle on YouTube. She is such a good singer-songwriter and plays the ukulele amazingly. I love watching her videos, musical ones and non-musical ones alike, because I love her personality as well as her voice.

I love everything about this song: the tune, the lyrics, Dodie's voice... It's just amazing. I love the storyline of the song and how inspirational it is to anyone going through something similar. I love how Dodie's has dealt with the theme so simply and not blown it up into something unrealistic.

I was addicted to this song the whole way through March!




2. Lay Me Down - Sam Smith

I have one thing to say about this song: ho-ly crap.

. I thought Sam Smith had an amazing voice after Stay With Me but after this I have no words. This song is really shows off his vocal range and I love the contrast in it between him singing strongly in the chorus and then softly in the 'youuu' bit.

Which reminds me! Have you guys seen the hilarious vine that a Sam Smith fan made about how Sam sneezes? It's hilarious! You can click here to watch it :D




3. Irreplaceable - Beyoncé

There's a story behind why I listened to this song a lot throughout March...

In Business class in school during March we were studying final accounts. My teacher pointed out to us that a lot of the time, tables that feature financial data are read to the left and then he went "you know like Beyoncé says 'to the left, to the left, everything you own in the box to the left.'" Well I got so excited by 2006 Beyoncé music that I went home that same day and added that song to my Spotify playlist of favourite songs. I'd completely forgotten how much I loved it and have been listening to it so much.

Also, ever since my teacher made that reference, I haven't messed up reading accounts. Linking songs and lyrics with certain things is a really good tactic for remembering them!




4. Bloodstream - Ed Sheeran and Rudimental

I wrote about Bloodstream in my Top 5 Tunesday #4 in November after having seen so I won't say too much more about it other than I love this version with Rudimental. Obviously, I love Ed Sheeran and all of his music but I know there are people who don't like acoustic-type music and I think by teaming up Rudimental, Ed Sheeran has made his music appealing to so many more people. Go Ed!




5. I Would - One Direction
Of course I have a One Direction song in my top 5 of March. After hearing the news about Zayn I went back to the really early One Direction songs and 'I Would' is definitely one of my favourites.

On the topic of Zayn, I really admire him for being brave enough to take that huge step of leaving One Direction and wish him all the best for the future.




To see last month's top 5, click here

Have you been loving any of these songs recently? :)

- Caoimhe x

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik