Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer | Review


I bought this primer way back in February and wrote briefly about it in my 'Boots Haul + Reviews' post. I had promised a more in-depth review of it in March so three months later I'm finally getting round to it! I wear this primer under my foundation most days and find that it makes it easier to apply my foundation and makes it last all day.

It claims to be a 5-in-1 product. It says that it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects the skin as well as prolonging foundation wear. The first thing I will say is that I agree that it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens and protects but I don't agree that it mattifies. It has a moisturising feel to it and I find it looks and feels more like a hydrating primer than a mattifying one. This is great for my dry skin because it allows my foundation to just glide on and look really smooth. I love how moisturised it makes my skin feel! But I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin. I could imagine it would do the opposite and make your foundation slide off so soon after applying it. 

I find that this primer is great at prolonging foundation wear. I apply it after moisturising, put on my foundation and put a small amount of powder on top to keep it in place and I find my make-up can last for ages. In fact, last week I had to go into school for an exam and wanted to put on a bit of foundation because my skin wasn't looking good at all. I used this under the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (which I previously wrote a review about here) and it stayed perfectly in place from about 7:30am to 10pm. That's a miracle!

Overall, the only remotely negative thing about this primer is, as I said, I don't find it mattifying so I wouldn't go for it if that's what you're looking for. I, personally, have been really pleased with this product. I find it leaves my skin feeling really moisturised, improves the look of my make-up and allows my foundation to last for long periods of time. Retailing at £6.99 in Boots, it's a total bargain!

Have you ever used this primer? :)

- Caoimhe x

4 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I have just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out :) xx
    http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so so so much - that's so exciting! I've just read your 7 facts and they're so interesting! Can't wait to write my post! Thanks again :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been reading your blog posts for quite a while now and I totally fell in love with your blog! *~* I like the way you write and the topics :) Very interesting! Kepp uo the great work, I'm a fan! xoxo Ana

    www.the-secret-life-of-ana-g.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so so so much! You have no idea how much it means to me to hear that! That's one of the nicest comments I've ever received :) xxx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik