Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Loving the Little Things


I sometimes find that in this day and age it can be quite difficult to live in the moment. We are constantly busy doing things, thinking about the things we have to do, stressing out about stuff... It gets to the point where we nearly forget what is around us in the present moment. I know that I personally find this difficult. As a student I'm constantly thinking about assignments I have due, exams I have coming up, and my extra-curricular commitments. Recently, however, I've been trying to make a conscious effort to be more mindful and to enjoy the little things. In order to do this, I have been keeping a written list of simple things that have made me genuinely happy by living in the moment over the past week. I wanted to share them with you guys to maybe encourage you to do the same and to spread a bit of positivity around :)

  • Getting into my bed when the sheets are freshly washed
  • Having a fry for breakfast
  • Waking up at 5am thinking it's 7am and realising I have another 2 hours of sleep
  • Walking through the colourful and crunchy leaves that have fallen off the trees
  • Being able to spend time with my friends
  • Getting a piece of work done after working on it for 2 weeks
  • Being able to sit and watch my favourite TV shows after getting my homework done
  • Having my granny and granda round to our house for dinner
  • Having a cup of tea when I get home from school
  • Getting complimented for hard work
  • Seeing Christmas adverts on TV 

What little things make you happy? :)

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik