Thursday, 5 November 2015

October Round-Up

October was a hell of a busy month for me and I want to take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of activity on my blog during this time. I literally had no free time! I'm back now though, and my next two months are significantly quieter than the last two so I'll have a lot of posts going up from now on. So on that note, here's what I got up to in October...

This was taken near my holiday house. Isn't it just beautiful?!
The first thing I had to concentrate on was my UCAS form, which was due in with my school on the 5th of October. I found writing my personal statement quite stressful and it must have taken at least 50 drafts but I got it done thankfully! At the moment, my form is in school as my teachers have to check over it and add references and whatnot, so it'll be sent off in the next two or three weeks. Scary stuff!

As well as that, I was studying for my driving theory test which I sat in the middle of October. Even though it is easy to repeat, it was so scary going in and sitting it! I was so sure I'd failed but I passed! Yay! The next step now is my practical test! Ahhh! I've covered everything I need to in my lessons so my instructor has started doing mock tests with me. Hopefully I'll be able to book my test soon enough then...

Yayy!
The next thing I had to focus on was finishing up a volunteering award I have been working on for the past year. It required me to carry out 20 weeks of volunteering for an hour in my church and 20 in my local community. I found the whole experience really rewarding and I'm really glad I did it. I have my record card all signed up and sent away now so I'll receive my certificate in a few months.

After that came our school musical, Beauty and the Beast, in which I was a member of the chorus. We started rehearsals at the very end of August and did the show in the third week of October, which I thought was a great achievement in itself. I have to say there were times when I was doubting it'd be ready in time but we definitely pulled it off! In total we performed six shows and they were all so much fun - all the hard work we had put in over the previous 7 weeks definitely payed off! I really enjoyed being a part of the show as I love singing and dancing, but I think the thing I enjoyed most was meeting so many new people and the whole cast really gelling together. It was like we created a tiny community within the community of our school! Despite all the hours I had to give up and hard work I had to put in, I was sad when it was all over!

One of my best friends, Olivia, and I at the after-party :)
The day after the last show was my year's formal, or prom as you may call it. It was such a great night! I decided to go with my friend, Charlie, as we have known each other our whole lives and I wanted to go with someone who I knew I'd have fun with. To start off with, all of my friends and I went to my friend Hannah's house, where we got our photos taken in our dresses with our hair and make-up and all done, and then got a party bus to the hotel where the meal was being held. During the meal you could go out and get professional photos taken. Charlie and I did and they turned out so well, I'm really happy with them and can't wait to receive the actual physical copies! After the meal everybody hit the dance floor and had a good ol' boogie. I loved the music the DJ played because there was a bit of everything from the Cha Cha Slide to Grease! He even played 'Be Our Guest' at the request of the people who had been in the musical!!! At midnight, we got on buses that brought us to a club where the after-formal was being held. There was a bit more boogieing (is that a word?) went on until the club was nearly closing up. I ended up rolling into bed at 4am but I don't regret it at all as I had such a brilliant night!!!

Charlie and I :)
At Hannah's house :)
Olivia and I (again!) :)
The next day, my family and I went up to our holiday house for half-term. I spent the week playing golf, catching up on work I'd missed from being out of class for the musical, and, of course, catching up on some well-deserved sleep. It was exactly what I needed as now I feel caught up on everything and feel ready to take on whatever the next months throw at me!

If that's not relaxing, I don't know what is!!!

I hope you all had a great October and enjoyed Halloween! :)

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik