Thursday, 31 December 2015

December Round-Up

2nd December
The beginning of December was the beginning of my mocks. What a great way to start the most festive month of the year, right? For my whole year in school, they were on from Wednesday the 2nd to Tuesday the 8th but all three of mine were on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I was lucky in the sense that I got all of mine over before the weekend so I had four full days off school, yay! They went pretty well and I've since got my results back and I was happy with how I'd done :)



5th December
In my November Round-Up, I mused a bit about how scary it was that all my friends were turning 18. Today, my neighbour, Chloe, who I've known since we were about 3, turned 18. Now that's what I call scary (hey, that could be the name of a new Halloween album)! She had a party in her house so I went over to celebrate with her and it was such a fun night!

16th December
Today I had my last ever school carol service *sniffs sadly*. The carol service was always my favourite event in the school calendar to sing and play my violin in because it always got me right into the Christmas spirit after exams. We put on two carol services every year because our whole school wouldn't fit into the church at once so it was quite a tiring day! But I was so sad when it was over!


20th December
Today, my whole family (my mum, dad, 2 sisters, brother and I) went into the Christmas markets in Belfast. It's a little tradition that we have and every year we get the train in and go to St. George's market first and then the Continental Market in front of the city hall. It was such a festive day and I have to say Belfast did look quite cute with all fairy lights draped down the front of the city hall. I didn't actually buy much other than sausage bap, a smoothie, a hot chocolate and a cupcake, but I found it so nice just walking around looking at all the stalls.



21st December
I had my driving test today (I have absolutely no idea why I booked it for 4 days before Christmas when the traffic would be busy with everyone doing last-minute Christmas shopping!). I had taken about 3 one-hour lessons during the summer and then when school started back in September I started taking one two-hour lesson every week. I did my theory test in October and finally had my practical test today. I was a nervous wreck beforehand - I didn't sleep until 3am and could hardly eat anything for breakfast!

After driving around with my instructor for an hour we went to the test centre and I can confirm that sitting in a driving test centre waiting for your name to be called is worse than sitting waiting in the dentist! I'd take the dentist any day! The examiner came out and after signing a few things, we went out to the car and the test began. It was so scary and my nerves did cause me to make a few silly minor errors, but nothing serious so I passed!!! I was so so happy! My driving instructor actually told me afterwards that the examiner I had was the strictest one from my local test centre which made me even happier that I'd passed! I can literally taste the freedom! (while driving under 45mph with my 'R' plates up, of course!)



25th December
Christmasss! I was woken by my siblings at 7:30am and after about 15 minutes of them trying to actually get me out of bed, we went downstairs to see what Santa had brought. My main present this year was a new laptop because the one I had was 5 years old and well past its day. I'll need a good laptop for university so my parents got me an ASUS Zenbook and I love it so much! It's so fast and and I know I'll be using it a lot in the next few years!!!

I had such a lovely day with my family and my uncle came round for Christmas dinner. My mum did a great job with the turkey and the whole meal was delicious! After dinner we played a few games and just chilled. I had such a great day!



26th December
Normally on Boxing Day, my granny and granda on my mum's side come to our house along with her brother but unfortunately this year my granda couldn't come. He suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and has done since he was diagnosed in 2009. He was put into residential care in September because my granny wasn't able to care for him at home without any support anymore. In the last 6 weeks he's gone downhill really fast and now he's so frail he can hardly walk and he's so confused that he didn't understand it was Christmas. It's really heartbreaking to see because he's now a shell of the man he used to be. So, the nurses in the residential home thought it would be better for him to stay in the home on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, but my mum and granny went to visit him before my mum brought my granny to our house.

Boxing Day is like a second Christmas Day in our house as we receive our presents from our granny and granda and we have another turkey dinner. Again, I had such a lovely day! It would have been better if my granda could have been there but I understand that it was for his own good that he couldn't come.



29th December
We went up to my granny and granda's house on my dad's side today to see them as well as my auntie and uncle who are home from America for a few weeks and we had another lovely day there. It was great getting to catch up with my auntie and uncle and I always love hearing their stories about America. The way of life just seems so different! My auntie is from Mississippi but her and my uncle live in Nashville now. I'd love to go visit them out there sometime!

Also, my granny and granda have just got a little kitten that they found at a cat sanctuary. She's 10 weeks but she's tiny! They called her Josie and it's just the cutest name for such a cute little cat! However, although she's tiny, she is so hyper and can run so fast!



31st December
Tonight, I'm going to celebrate the new year with my family and friends at my friend Charlie's house. We have this tradition every year where we all go there and watch movies and play games and then count down to the new year. It's always so much fun and I'm really looking forward to it. Also, I'm designated driver this year for my family, woo!

~

As this is my last post of 2015, I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for reading my blog, commenting on any of my posts, and following me on any of my social media sites. Your support means the absolute world to me!  

I hope you all have had an amazing 2015 and that your 2016 will be even better! I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for us all!

I love you very much - MWAHH!

Happy New Year!
- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik