Tuesday, 8 December 2015

November Round-Up


1st November
The beginning of November marked the end of my Halloween holidays but it also marked my friend Amy's 18th birthday. So, that evening 8 of us went out to celebrate and it was so much fun! I find it crazy that all of my friends are starting to turn 18 when I still have 6 months of being 17 (literally - it was my half-birthday on the 27th November!). Everyone's getting old!

Caoimhe, Orlaith, me and Amy :)

13th November
The following week my granda took me, my sister and my two cousins to see the Ulster Orchestra in Belfast. My sister, cousins and I play the violin so my granda enjoys taking us to things that will sort of inspire us to keep playing, I guess. They were playing Rogers and Hammerstein music, the composers who wrote the music from The Sound Of Music, The King and I, Oklahoma and Carousel, among many other musicals. It was really nice hearing them play songs I knew well as well as songs I'd never heard before. It was the second time I've seen the Ulster Orchestra and they always put on a really good performance!

18th November
The following Wednesday in school we had an Interview Skills Day, which was basically where we had to go through a mock interview process. Everyone in my year had to apply for a job and we worked on our application forms for about three weeks prior to the Interview Skills Day. You could apply for anything from a GP to a teacher to a physiotherapist - I applied for an Educational Translator since I study French and Spanish. Then on the actual day, we all had to come in dressed in proper work clothes. It was so strange seeing everyone dressed formally for work - we all looked so old!

In the morning we were put in groups of 6 and had two group tasks to work on. Then after a short break, the interviews began. I was so nervous before my interview but it went well! It went so quickly that I thought the guy was joking when he said it was over! After lunch we had an aptitude test, which tested our English and Maths skills. I found the English part easy because it was testing spelling and grammar, which I find I have a natural instinct for. However, I found the Maths part so hard as I'm pretty rubbish at Maths! I ended up running out of time and had to guess the last 6 or so! Overall, I found it a really good day. It was a good way to get an insight into a proper recruitment process and I got some really valuable feedback that I know will help me when applying for any jobs in the future.

Just to add a bit of fashion to the post,
I wore this dress with a black blazer over the top :)

22nd November
The Sunday after that I went to see Mockingjay: Part 2 with my younger brother. To say it was incredibly emotional would be an understatement. I received the first Hunger Games book for Christmas in 2011, when I was 13. I started reading it at midnight when I got into bed on Christmas night and finished it at 8am on Boxing Day morning because I literally could not put it down! I read the next two books the following week and went to the three former movies as soon as they came out. I love the books and movies and so I was so sad that the last one was coming out. It was such a good movie and some parts were so sad! (But I won't spoil it!) As cheesy as it sounds, the Hunger Games will always be more than a franchise to me *sniffs*


27th November
It's no secret on my blog that I'm a huge fan of the Vamps and the following Friday the 27th was a historical day in the fandom... We got a new album!!! After 1 year and 7 months, we finally have new music! So, the Vamps released their second album, Wake Up, and it is amazing! I'm not just saying that because they're my favourite band, like it genuinely is amazing! It's quite a different sound but there is something on it for everyone and I would highly recommend that you go check it out! It's made me so excited for their tour in March!

On that same day, something bad happened though. My mum and dad were in the house while we were at school and one of my cats, Angel, appeared in the back garden with one of her legs looking all limp and her left eye wasn't opening. They took her to the vet who said she had torn her brachial plexus, probably in a fight with another cat, and it means that she has no feeling in her front left leg. The vet said there was a small chance that the nerve damage could repair itself within about 10 days to 2 weeks and she would get the feeling back but unfortunately it hasn't happened and it means she is going to have to get it amputated. It's really sad seeing her hopping around on 3 legs but at least she feels no pain, I suppose.


28th November
You may or may not know that in Northern Ireland we have entrance exams that children in P7 (10/11 year olds) sit to get into secondary schools. My sister, Clare, was sitting the exams every Saturday in November. She worked so hard the whole month and the months leading up to it, including during the summer! So, my mum and dad decided to treat her and they booked us an overnight stay in a 5-star hotel in Co. Wicklow in the south of Ireland. It was such a lovely break and Clare finally got to relax after all her hard work!

The amazing view on a walk we did there
I hope you all had a lovely November!
- Caoimhe x

 ♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik