Monday, 13 June 2016

6 Stages Of Clearing Out Your Closet

If you're anything like me and love buying clothes, you'll know there comes a point where you wardrobe kind of maybe begins to overflow a bit. When that happens, you know it's time to carry out the dreaded task of clearing out your closet. I hit that point a few days ago so this afternoon I decided it was time for me to clear out my wardrobe. Whilst doing so, I realised that when you love clothes, there are 6 stages you go through when clearing out your closet...




1. Motivation
Right before you begin clearing out your closet you feel motivated. Something about getting rid of thick, dark winter clothes to make room for colourful and light items of summer clothing is quite exciting. You feel summery and ready to take on the challenge.

2. Surprise
When you take all your clothes out of your wardrobe or drawers, I guarantee that you will find at least one item of clothing you didn't realise you owned. I found a really pretty top from Next earlier that I have no recollection whatsoever of buying, but it's cute so I'm not complaining!

3. Embarrassment
Once you see all the clothes you own laid out, you start to feel a little bit embarrassed at the amount of clothes you actually own or even the amount of a particular item of clothing you own. For me, it's jumpers. I counted earlier and I have 15 jumpers...

4. Denial
When you start going through your stuff you realise that this isn't going to be as easy as you thought. You make excuses for everything: 'Oh I know I haven't worn that for 4 years, but I just know I'll find a reason to wear it soon!' 'But that dress brings back so many memories!'

5. Acceptance
You realise the only way you can get new clothes is by getting rid of old clothes and that there's no point holding on to a top you haven't worn in a few years. At this stage the process starts to become therapeutic. It feels like you're letting go of the past, becoming freer and turning over a new leaf...

6. Pride
You're finished! Time to reward yourself with a shopping spree!

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik