Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Hello June!

Hey everyone! Long time, no see. Sorry about that!

To be honest, everything just got a little crazy - my schoolwork just kept mounting up and up, my extracurricular commitments like orchestra and choir got crazy busy and there were a few personal things taking up my free time. On top of that I had a pretty extreme case of writer's block and just had no inspiration for things to write about. But I think I'm over it now and I only have one A Level exam left and after that I'll have so much free time that I won't know what to do with myself! So, to make up for lost time I've decided to try (key word here being try) to upload a new blog post from Sunday to Thursday every week throughout June. I can't wait to give it a shot :)

So, for today's post I thought it would be appropriate to fill you in on 3 interesting things that have happened in my life whilst I've been away from blogging.

1. My trip to Edinburgh


In April, my mum and I went to an open day at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. The open day was really informative and I got a really nice feel for the university! Afterwards, we got the bus into Edinburgh city centre and did a bit of shopping. It was my first time in Edinburgh and it's a lovely city with lots of Georgian buildings, and I love the fact that you can go into modern shops on Princes Street but have an uninterrupted view of a medieval castle and a Victorian Gothic monument, the Scott Monument as pictured above. I just wish I could have stayed longer than a day!


2. The Vamps Concert


(BEWARE: the following paragraph contains fangirling - read ahead at your own risk) 

At the end of March I went to see The Vamps for the second time and it was an AMAZING concert!!! I thought they wouldn't be able to top their Meet The Vamps tour last year but they so did! It was so energetic but also showcased all of Brad, James, Connor and Tristan's individual talents, including Tris' rapping skills which I didn't even know he had! I absolutely loved it! Plus, I was sitting in near the centre of row 11 on the ground the stage was set out in a T shape so when they walked down the middle I was so close to them! The photo above wasn't even taken with zoom on! It was so amazing and I really can't wait for their third album!

3. I turned 18!


The Friday just past was my 18th birthday! It was a pretty low key affair due to the fact that it's exam season and I like celebrating when exams are all over so people can enjoy themselves more. In the morning I had a Spanish oral exam which wasn't very fun to have on your birthday but it went okay thankfully! 

Then I met up with a few of my friends and we went out for lunch which was lovely as we hadn't really had a proper catch-up since we left school at the beginning of May! After that, it was our Spanish conversation assistant's last day in school so I went out for coffee with him and a few people from my Spanish class. Our conversation assistants are more like friends to us so it was quite sad but also really nice to see him outside of school for the last time before he goes back to Madrid. 

In the evening, I went out for dinner with my family and we had a really nice meal in a local restaurant. Then we went back home for some cake and Prosecco - a great way to end a lovely day :)

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik