Tuesday, 7 June 2016

June's Tunes #1

It's no secret on my blog that I am a huge fan of music and just under 2 years ago I started a series on my blog called 'Top 5 Tunesday' where on the first Tuesday of each month, I would share with everyone my top 5 most listened-to songs of the previous month. I stopped writing them in October last year because I stopped enjoying writing them but I've actually missed the series! Therefore, as I'm posting 5 days a week in June, I've decided every Tuesday to tell you the songs I've enjoyed the previous week. There won't always be 5, for example this week there's 4, some weeks there may be 8 or 9! So without further ado, these are the songs I have been listening to and loving throughout the first week in June.


Send My Love (To Your New Lover) - Adele

I have been obsessed with this song lately! Don't get me wrong, I like Adele's normal sound but this is so different and I think it's just great! There's something about the tune in the chorus - it's really catchy and upbeat, which I love. Also, I so appreciate the level of sass in this song!



Leave Me Lonely - Ariana Grande

I love this song! It's a bit slower than Ariana's usual stuff but I feel like that gives a bit of a mysterious air. It also really shows off Ariana's amazing vocals, not to mention it's a great song for belting out when you're home alone, which is always a good thing in my opinion!



Querido Tommy - Tommy Torres

As I'm sure you guys know, I have recently just finished my A Level exams and I took French, Spanish and Business Studies. When I am preparing for a language exam, one thing which helps me get into French or Spanish 'mode' is by listening to French and Spanish songs. My friend had told me to listen to this song and I completely fell in love with it right from the first time I listened to it and had it on repeat the whole time I was preparing for my Spanish exams. It's such a beautiful song about a guy writing to Tommy Torres asking for a more poetic or romantic way of telling a girl that he loves her. The hopeless romantic within me just makes me absolutely adore this song! The language is so beautiful and if it doesn't make you want to learn Spanish, I don't know what will!!!

Even if you don't speak Spanish, I would really encourage you to listen to this song and you can click here to read an English translation of the lyrics. There are a few lines that don't really make sense, but you'll get the gist.



Time Is All We Have - Barrie Gledden

I have been addicted to the SacconeJolys' vlogs over the past two months and Jonathan frequently uses this beautiful song in the background of vlogs, so naturally I found it on YouTube and have been listening to it so much! It plants such a pretty image in my head of two people watching a sunrise while it feels like the rest of the world is sleeping and they are the only two people on earth. (There goes the hopeless romantic in me again. Okay, I'm going to stop now before I've written a flipping romance novel!)


What songs have you been loving recently?

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik