Thursday, 16 June 2016

Nighttime Skincare Routine

Recently I've been getting into a good, consistent routine with regards skincare and I'm already noticing the benefits it's having. My skin has cleared up a bit, become less dry and more glowy. To put a bit of context to this post, I have dry, sensitive, spot-prone skin, which has nearly always given me bother. I can't remember having totally clear skin! I get that hormones have a part to play in your skin type or appearance but I feel that there are things we can do to improve the situation. It's all about finding products that suit your skin and having a consistent routine. If you have dry and spot-prone skin like me then definitely give some of these products a go because they've been working well for me for the past few months.

L-R: La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Cleansing Cream // Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream // Fushi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil // Konjac Facial Puff Sponge Bamboo Charcoal // Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water // Pixi Glow Tonic

1. Removing Makeup
My friend told me about how effective coconut oil is at removing makeup and I was really intrigued. I decided to give it a go so I bought Fushi's Virgin Organic Coconut Oil and I'm really impressed! My makeup just dissolves off my face and it even removes waterproof mascara without any harsh rubbing necessary. It has also helped with reducing the dryness of my skin which is great! However, I definitely wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin because high oil levels can wreak havoc with your skin.

I then take a cotton pad and wipe the oil off, which takes the makeup off with it, and then to ensure the makeup is totally removed I take another cotton pad soaked in Garnier's Micellar Water and wipe it all over my face. I absolutely love this micellar water and it makes my skin feel really hydrated.

2. Cleansing
I use La Roche-Posay's Effaclar H Cleansing Cream and use my Konjac Sponge to give my skin a really deep cleanse. I love the Konjac Sponge because it's more gentle than electric facial cleansing brushes so it's perfect for sensitive skin. Also, it's a lot more gentle on the pocket too at only £8.99!

3. Toner
I use the Pixi Glow Tonic, a liquid exfoliant toner. I won't say too much on this because everyone and their mother in the blogging world has heard about this product. I feel that it has been a key player in clearing my skin a bit more because it removes dead skin cells and really evens out the surface of the skin, making it really smooth.

4. Night Cream
I use Simple's Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream and have done so for over 2 years. It's such a staple product for me because it's so moisturising and keeps me skin hydrated all night long. When I wake up in the morning, my skin has a nice glow to it and feels so moisturised!

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik